Thursday, May 2, 2013

May 1st Journal Page(s)

Keep in mind two things as you look over this post: One, I am not a photographer, and two, these pages are not finished.

 This is the book that I'm using for my art journal.
I bought it at the grocery store one day on a whim.
Nothing special about it.
Yet.

 This is the introduction page.
The background is just torn up pages from an 
old Farmer's Almanac gessoed onto the page.
So far I've only used a black marker and a white pen.
There will definitely be more on this page later.

 Here is what my May 1st page looked like before journaling.
It's just torn up dictionary pages gessoed onto the page.
I love the way it looks. 

I laid down a thin layer of gesso over the dictionary pages,
not enough to cover it up completely, since I wanted the
background to be interesting. The border on the left-hand
side is washi tape, and then I just wrote directly on the page.
It's kind of boring right now, but I am going to add more
as time goes on.
I also added a little pocket for a more personal note
to myself that's not anyone else's business.

Like I said, yesterdays was a little boring, but I'm showing the process as I do it and things will definitely change and expand and grow more colorful over time.

1 comment:

Grandma Bailey said...

I am proud of you for doing this.